The Nancy Graves Foundation was established and endowed by Nancy Graves (1939-1995) through a provision of the artist's Last Will and Testament. The Foundation, with a board of directors chosen by the artist, became active in 1996.
The Foundation is dedicated to exploring and expanding our understanding of the visual arts by investigating the legacy of Nancy Graves in the context of her era through exhibitions, loans of artworks, research, publications, educational and cultural programming and the preparation of a Catalogue Raisonné. The Foundation also offers grants to individual visual artists.
The Foundation maintains a collection of Nancy Graves’ work in sculpture, painting, film, drawing and print media. A library and archive of original papers, photographs, recordings, publications and research materials documenting the artist’s life and work is available to scholars by appointment in the Foundation’s research library
Board of Directors
Sanford Hirsch, Chairman
William Joseph, Vice-President
Michael Hecht, Treasurer
Eugene V. Kokot, Secretary
Janie C. Lee
Christina Hunter, Ph.D., Director
Michael Asente, Collection Manager
The Nancy Graves Foundation is not open to the general public.
The Nancy Graves Foundation is represented by:
Mitchell-Innes & Nash Gallery
534 West 26th Street, New York, NY 10001